California Case Study
Utility Public Safety Power Shutoffs Will Affect All Californians
- Electrical infrastructure has contributed to igniting California’s recent devastating wildfires.
- As a precautionary measures, utilities and state regulators have drastically increased the Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS) Program
- PSPS allows utilities to pre-emptively turn off power during times of peak fire threat.
Are You Ready to Endure Outages?
- Utilities and regulators expect 10+ outages per year in High Fire Threat Districts
- Outages are expected to last 2-5 days
- Once fire threats have ceased, utilities are required to inspect all lines to ensure safe re-energizing